Here are 10 thing to know abour chapter 13 bankruptcy:
1. Chapter 13 bankruptcy is a type of bankruptcy that allows individuals with regular income to develop a plan to repay all or part of their debts.
2. Under Chapter 13, you propose a repayment plan to make installments to your creditors over three to five years.
3. The length of the repayment plan is determined by the your income. (Below median income is three year minimum, over the median income is five years.)
4. In order to qualify for Chapter 13 bankruptcy, you must have regular income (i.e. wages, government benefits, buisness income).
5. If you successfully complete a Chapter 13 bankruptcy payment plan, most of your debts will be discharged, which means you will no longer be required to pay them.
6. There are some debts that cannot be discharged in Chapter 13 bankruptcy, such as child support, alimony, taxes less than 3 years old, and criminal restitution.
7. Improve your credit score. Filing for Chapter 13 bankruptcy will immediately improve your credit score in most cases.8.
8. Save your home. Filing for Chapter 13 bankruptcy can help you to save your home from foreclosure.
9. Get your repossesed car back. Filing for Chapter 13 bankruptcy will allow you to recover a car that has been recently repossessed.
10. Stop wage garnishment. Filing for Chapter 13 bankruptcy will immediately stop wage garnishment.
Want more info?
Click here to schedule a free consultation:
I look forward to hearing from you.